What to do in a Snowless Winter
A couple of weeks ago, we gave you suggestions on how to get through the next 6 (or more) weeks of winter. With cities, especially in Massachusetts and New York getting snowfall totaling over 90 inches, there’s a lot of snow to go around. The ski resorts back East are bracing for a great turn out this year and while many residents aren’t enjoying the snow, some are taking full advantage of it. People are skiing in the streets, children are sledding off roofs, and MIT even has their own mountain range.
While a lot of the country has the chance to take advantage of the snow, some of us aren’t that fortunate. Here in sunny San Diego where the current temperature is in the 70s, there’s no chance we’re seeing snow anytime soon. So what do you do if you live somewhere where you can’t enjoy the snow? Luckily, we’re pros at doing non snow-related activities throughout winter and we thought we’d share our top 5 with you.
- Shred: Just because you’re not in the snow doesn’t mean you can’t shred. While you might not be shredding the slopes, grab a surf board, hit the beach, and shred some waves. Take along our ECOROX speaker for some tunes out in the water, or while you relax on the beach.
- Hike: Take full advantage of the fact that you don’t have to deal with the hassles of snow and hike trails in your area. Our ECOPEBBLE makes a great hiking companion as it can easily be attached to your backpack.
- Sled: Okay, so you can’t sled on actual snow, but you can still sled. Ever heard of ice blocking? All you need is a block of ice and a grass hill and you’ve got snowless sledding!
- Ski: Water ski, that is. If you’re close enough to a lake, bay, or ocean, you can still get your skiing in this winter.
- Travel: If you really feel the need to go to the snow, make some time to travel to a place that actually has snow this winter!
Whether you live somewhere with a lot of snow, or are snowless this winter, take us along with you. Our products are waterproof and snowproof, so whether you’re enjoying snow or snowless activities, make them a little better with ECOXGEAR.