- Buy Now
- Tech Specs
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Adding product to your cart
The SoundExtreme - SE18 by ECOXGEAR is a 17-inch (18-inch with included mounts) long waterproof, and dust proof, amplified Bluetooth speaker. This compact soundbar includes your favorite features from its bigger siblings, while maintaining a full, rich sound. Mount it to ATVs, golf carts, boats and other recreational vehicles plus add color to your music with the multi-mode party lights.
• 100% Waterproof (IP66) - shock resistant, sand proof and it floats!
• Multi-Color LED Backlit Speakers – green, red, white, blue; music syn, solid, fading or off
• Rear Facing LED Light Bar – white (high, medium, low), red, yellow or off
• 300 Watts – peak output with optimized bass performance provides deep bass and clear vocals;
• Marine Grade 5 Speaker System – 1x tweeter, 2x midrange speakers and 2x woofers; also includes an integrated waterproof AUX-OUT jack to daisy chain to other optional wired speakers or powered subwoofer (sold separately)
• Bluetooth 5.0 - streams your music from your phone to the SoundExtreme up to 100 feet away; or connect to the integrated wired AUX-IN jack
• Integrated Audio and Light Controls - volume, play/pause/, forward/back, backlit speaker and light bar mode. Plug your smartphone or other devices into the 5V, 2.1A USB port for fast charging, connect accessory light bars or speakers to the 12v accessory power outlet
• ECOCAST - Connect up to 50 SoundExtremes (all versions and sizes) together and connect to any ECOXGEAR speaker with the ECOCAST feature (not compatible with previous ECOCONNECT generation speakers)
• ECOTALK - for direct connect to Siri or OK Google and built in speakerphone
• Easy to Install – multiple mounting options; includes wiring harness, mounting brackets and related hardware
• What is in the box – SoundExtreme SE18, user guide, 8-foot power cable for connecting to the vehicle 12V DC power supply, auxiliary power out mating connector, 2x mounting brackets and related hardware, long range RF remote control (for lighting and audio controls); 1 year warranty on parts and labor. Protected under patent US 9,307,307 B2 and several patents pending
Size & Weight
Input & Outputs
What’s in the Box
Is the SoundExtreme waterproof & can the SoundExtreme be used over/near water?
YES. The SoundExtreme meets the IPX6 waterproof standard. The SoundExtreme can be used by the pool, the hot tub and the ocean without issues. Batten down the hatches and play your tunes worry free!
What is IPX6?
The IPX6 Waterproof Standard means that the product is protected against strong water jets. This means that IPX6 products, including the SoundExtreme can withstand use around water.
Does the SoundExtreme work with any Bluetooth enabled Device?
The SoundExtreme waterproof speaker connects to any device that uses Bluetooth connectivity for audio. Laptops, Desktops, Tablets and Smartphones are all compatible! All Apple, Android, Blackberry and Windows devices are sure to be compatible.
How far can the SoundExtreme be away from my Bluetooth device?
The connectivity for the SoundExtreme is designed and tested to far exceed 30 feet (up to 100ft) from your Bluetooth device. Walls, leaded glass windows and metal studs inside the drywall will affect the range operation.
The sound is distorted, how can it be improved?
Try lowering the volume control of your connected device or musical instrument. Also, try to reduce the overall volume of the SoundExtreme
Can I power a 12V accessory (light bar, etc.) using the Auxiliary Power Out connector on the SoundExtreme?
Yes, you can run a light bar or other accessory through the auxiliary wires coming out of the SoundExtreme. The light needs to accept 12V power and should drawless than ~10A current.
You must turn on the accessory powered through the SoundExtreme separately from powering on the SoundExtreme, but it is easy to do. Here are the two ways to turn on the power to the accessory connected to the SoundExtreme auxiliary wires:
How many Lumens is the light bar on the back of the SoundExtreme?
What is Peak and RMS output of the SoundExtreme?
300W Peak / 50W RMS
How much current does the SoundExtreme draw?
3-5 Amps at max volume depending on the type of music being played (running at 12V)
The SoundExtreme will not pair With Bluetooth Device?
Make sure that your device is compatible with Bluetooth. Turn off your SoundExtreme and Bluetooth device, then power on and reconnect. Make sure that Bluetooth mode is selected on your SoundExtreme
Volume level is low when playing, how do I make it louder?
First, increase the volume on your device to maximum. Next increase the volume on the SoundExtreme by pressing the Volume + button. If increasing the volume on the SoundExtreme and / or increasing the volume on your Bluetooth device does not work, the SoundExtreme may be in Power Save Mode.
I am having intermittent issues with the SoundExtreme not connecting correctly to my smartphone via Bluetooth.
The Bluetooth module and microcontroller within the SoundExtreme sound bar has a “boot-up” and “power-down” sequence that the unit goes through when turned on and off respectively. This process takes several seconds (~3-5 seconds) to complete. If the SoundExtreme is on and 12V supply power is cut off from the speaker and then quickly power is returned to the speaker, it may cause the SoundExtreme to get stuck in the “boot-up” mode when you turn the SoundExtreme back on again. The best way to reset the SoundExtreme unit to normal function is to unplug the SoundExtreme from the 12V power supply (i.e. battery) for ~10 seconds and then plug it back in. After this, the SoundExtreme should work properly when turned on again.
Can the SoundExtreme be set up to automatically power on when my vehicle is turned on?
No, the SoundExtreme will enter “sleep mode” when it is connected to 12V input power, so you must turn the speaker fully ON by either pressing the POWER button on the SoundExtreme or on the remote provided with the SoundExtreme.
How do I mount my SoundExtreme on my vehicle?
SoundExtreme includes various mounting brackets and accessories. Utilizing the mounts allows users to mount to vehicle in various ways:
How do I connect two SoundExtreme units to play audio together?
Two or more SoundExtreme units can be synced to play audio together in two ways: